Tullamarine Bus lines service the Public Transport sector of buses leaving Melbourne Airport for various locations. We can get you from the airport to a train station, tram terminal or bus stop which will link you to Melbourne and its many suburbs.
For a complete price list and information on myki passes please refer to the Public Transport Victoria website
Our services include:
These are linked to either Public Transport Victoria or the services/timetable page
- Route 478 : Airport West to Melbourne Airport & return
- Route 479 : Airport West to Sunbury via Melbourne Airport & return
- Route 482 : Services Airport West To Melbourne Airport (via South Centre Rd)
- Route 500 : Ceased 26th July 2014
- Route 901 : Melbourne Airport to Frankston (Smartbus Service) is currently operated by Transdev
Melbourne Airport to Melbourne
Tullamarine Bus Lines operates 3 services from Melbourne Airport to Airport West, being Routes 478, 479 or peak service Route 482.
For passengers looking for public transport to the centre of Melbourne, simply catch one of our buses to Airport West and connect with the tram which will take you directly into Melbourne.
If you prefer bus and train travel, catch our Route 477 bus from Airport West to Essendon Station and then catch the train into Melbourne.
Alternatively take the 901 Smart Bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows train station and once again catch the train into Melbourne.
All of this can be done on your Myki card.
To travel on Public Transport in Melbourne you will need to purchase a Myki card. These can be purchased within the Melbourne Airport at various kiosks or from our drivers.
View this website for information on Myki Fares: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/myki
PTV Visitor Pack
Alternatively if you are a visitor to Melbourne you may be interested in PTV Visitor Pack which offers discounts to attractions combined with your Myki Card purchase.
As of Monday 30th November, 2015 Melbourne Airport has dedicated bus stops for public buses.
- Tullamarine Bus Lines bus stops are located in bays 18 and 19 at a new bus interchange at Melbourne Airport, providing customers with a new undercover bus interchange located at domestic Terminal Four (T4).
- The existing bus interchange located at Terminal 1 (T1) will no longer be in operation.
- The new T4 bus interchange provides direct access to Tiger Airways, Jetstar and Regional Express services, with all other airlines departing from T1, T2 and T3.
- T4 bus interchange is located approximately 10 minutes’ walk from T1, so customers are reminded to plan ahead and consider additional travel time to access T1, T2 and T3.
Tullamarine Bus Lines (Bay 18 and 19) are indicated by red stars in the map below.
- Click here for more information on catching the bus to and from the Melbourne Airport
- For further information please view the Public Transport Victoria - Airport Bus webpage